Kelley E. Cash
Kelley Cash is a litigation attorney with over twenty years experience successfully representing clients in wide variety of litigation matters in both state and federal courts. Such matters include complex-commercial litigation; disputes over family businesses and trusts; family law matters involving large net-worth estates and contentious custody disputes; guardianships; healthcare litigation; product liability litigation; insurance defense; and personal injury litigation.
She excels at using critical thinking to develop unique legal strategies and solutions to legal issues as well as conveying those strategies and solutions to courts and juries through her skilled legal writing and court arguments.
Examples of Kelley’s achievements include:
- Representation of family trust beneficiaries in breach of fiduciary duty case against major national bank that resulted in an $8 billion punitive damages verdict and $7.8 million actual damage verdict against that bank – the largest damages verdict in the country in 2017.
- Representation of a client who was a parent and wife in a contentious divorce and custody dispute that resulted, after jury trial, in obtaining a unanimous verdict awarding the client the right to determine the primary residence of the children and relocate with no geographic restriction to Dallas County.
- Obtained after jury trial a no-liability verdict for luxury hotel chain in significant personal injury case where plaintiff sought over a million dollars in damages.
- Established through motion practice in federal court the legality of a client’s multi-million-dollar healthcare contract leading to a substantial settlement of client’s claims on that contract.
- Wrote motion for summary judgment in oil and gas commercial dispute that was granted by federal bankruptcy court, then subsequently affirmed by federal district court and the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, resulting in multi-million-dollar settlement in client’s favor against one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world.
- Wrote, argued and won summary judgment for defendant aviation client resulting in complete dismissal of plaintiff’s claims for fraud and breach of warranty seeking over a million dollars in damages.
- Successfully opposed in probate court a motion for turnover order, which resulted in protecting client’s assets from opposing party’s attempts to collect a $65 million-dollar judgment.
Kelley graduated with honors from the University of Texas School or Law and magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree from Southern Methodist University. She is life-long Texas resident.